2019 Medicare Advantage Plans
The 2019 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) is October 15th through December 7th. During the 2019 Annual Enrollment Dates Medicare recipients can enroll in, make changes to or disenroll from a Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage plan) or a Medicare Part D (Prescription Drug plan) for the following year to better meet your needs. If you are happy with your current coverage, no action is required and the plan you currently have will remain active through the next year. Medicare experts recommended that each and every Medicare recipient carefully review all plan options and check to see if there is another plan in your area that will offer you better health and/or drug coverage at a more affordable price. There are many different plans available, but only certain plans will give you the coverage you need. And the quality of the different plans vary greatly.
New changes for the 2019 Open Enrollment Period
Thinking about joining a Medicare Advantage Plan, but aren't sure?
The New Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period gives you an opportunity to try out a Medicare Advantage Plan. It also lets you switch back to Original Medicare depending on which coverage works better for you. Now you can:
• You can disenroll from your plan and return to Original Medicare. If
so, you'll be able to join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
• If you are in a Medicare MAPD Plan(with or without drug coverage), you can switch to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
• If you enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan during your Initial Enrollment Period, you can change to another Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage-MAPD) or go back to Original Medicare (with or without drug coverage).
During this period, you can't:
• Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
• Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan if you're in Original Medicare.
• Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another if you're in Original Medicare.
* Any changes you make during this period will be effective the first of the month after the request is received by plan.
2019 Enrollment Dates
Late September 2018
• The 2019 Medicare & You handbooks are mailed to Medicare beneficiaries. Keep the handbook as a reference guide.
• Plan providers begin notifying enrollees about changes to their plans.
• Beneficiaries can begin comparing plans starting October 1.
• Beneficiaries should watch their mail for notices from Medicare with information about changes in 2019.
• Medicare health and drug plan Star Ratings will be available starting October 11.
• Medicare Open Enrollment begins October 15.
• Medicare Open Enrollment ends December 7.January 2019
• Medicare plan coverage begins January 1.January 1 - March 31
The Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period gives you an opportunity to try out a Medicare Advantage Plan. It also lets you switch back to Original Medicare depending on which coverage works better for you. During this period, you can make up to 1 switch to a different Medicare Advantage Plan.
2019 Standard Plan Changes
|2019 Standard Benefit Changes|
|Initial Coverage Limit||$3,700||$3,750||$3,820|
|Catastrophic Coverage Begins||$7,425||$7,509||$7,654|
|Part D Coverage Gap |