You are Currently Viewing the 2020 Medicare Plans.
Click here If you Would Like to See
The New 2021 Medicare Advantage Plans.
2020 Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Help's goal is to provide a easy and transparent experience to help you get the information you need for your 2020 Medicare Advantage Plans. We’ve made it easier to find health and drug coverage that works for you. You can compare your Medicare coverage and explore how different plans work together. You can also shop and compare plans to find ones that meet your needs. We want to make sure you have the information you need to make the best decisions about your health care. This includes giving you access to cost and quality information up front, so you can compare and choose the providers and services that give you the best 2020 Medicare Advantage Plan.
2020 Open Enrollment Period
Thinking about joining a Medicare Advantage Plan, but aren't sure?
The New Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period gives you an opportunity to try out a Medicare Advantage Plan. It also lets you switch back to Original Medicare depending on which coverage works better for you. Now you can:
• You can disenroll from your plan and return to Original Medicare. If
so, you'll be able to join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
• If you are in a Medicare MAPD Plan(with or without drug coverage), you can switch to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
• If you enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan during your Initial Enrollment Period, you can change to another Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage-MAPD) or go back to Original Medicare (with or without drug coverage).
During this period, you can't:
• Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
• Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan if you're in Original Medicare.
• Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another if you're in Original Medicare.
* Any changes you make during this period will be effective the first of the month after the request is received by plan.
2020 Enrollment Dates
Late September 2019
• The 2020 Medicare & You handbooks are mailed to Medicare beneficiaries. Keep the handbook as a reference guide.
• Plan providers begin notifying enrollees about changes to their plans.
• Beneficiaries can begin comparing plans starting October 1.
• Beneficiaries should watch their mail for notices from Medicare with information about changes in 2020.
• Medicare health and drug plan Star Ratings will be available starting October 11.
• Medicare Open Enrollment begins October 15.
• Medicare Open Enrollment ends December 7.January 2020
• Medicare plan coverage begins January 1.January 1 - March 31
The Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period gives you an opportunity to try out a Medicare Advantage Plan. It also lets you switch back to Original Medicare depending on which coverage works better for you. During this period, you can make up to 1 switch to a different Medicare Advantage Plan.
2020 Standard Plan Changes
|2020 Standard Benefit Changes|
|Initial Coverage Limit||$3,750||$3,820||$4,020|
|Catastrophic Coverage Begins||$7,509||$7,654||$9,039|
|Part D Coverage Gap |