You are Currently Viewing the 2021 Medicare Plans.
Click here If you Would Like to See
The New 2022 Medicare Advantage Plans.
2021 Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Help's goal is to make sure you have the information you need to make the best decisions about your 2021 Medicare Advantage Plans. We’ve made it easier to find health and drug coverage that works for you. This includes giving you access to accurate cost estimates and quality information up front, so you can compare and choose the providers and services that give you the most value. Review your Medicare Advantage health and drug coverage and make changes if it no longer meets your needs, or if you need to save more on your 2021 out-of-pocket costs.
Medicare & Coronavirus
Medicare for a limited period of time has expanded its coverage of telehealth medical services to respond to the current Public Health Emergency and to help you have medical access from more places (including your home). During this time, you will be able to receive some services through E-visits including common office visits, mental health counseling and preventive health screenings with Original Medicare. This will help ensure you are able to visit with your doctor from your home, without having to go to a doctor’s office or hospital, which puts you and others at risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Medicare Advantage coverage for COVID-19
• Medicare covers the lab tests for COVID-19. You pay no out-of-pocket costs.
• You pay nothing for this test when you get it from a laboratory, pharmacy, doctor, or hospital, and when Medicare covers this test in your area.
• Medicare covers all medically necessary hospitalizations.
• At this time, there's no vaccine for COVID-19. However, it will be covered if one becomes available.
• If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, you have access to these same benefits.
• Many 2021 Medicare Advantage Plans offer additional telehealth benefits and expanded benefits, like meal delivery or medical transport services. Check with your plan about your coverage and costs.
2021 Enrollment Dates
Late September 2020
• The 2021 Medicare & You handbooks are mailed to Medicare beneficiaries. Keep the handbook as a reference guide.
• Plan providers begin notifying enrollees about changes to their plans.
• Beneficiaries can begin comparing plans starting October 1.
• Beneficiaries should watch their mail for notices from Medicare with information about changes in 2021.
• Medicare health and drug plan Star Ratings will be available starting October 11.
• Medicare Open Enrollment begins October 15.
• Medicare Open Enrollment ends December 7.January 2021
• Medicare plan coverage begins January 1.January 1 - March 31
The Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period gives you an opportunity to try out a Medicare Advantage Plan. During this period, you can make one switch to a different Medicare Advantage Plan or you can disenroll from your plan and return to Original Medicare. If so, you will be able to join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan. Any changes you make during this period will be effective the first of the month after the request is received by plan.During this period (Jan 1 - March 31) you can't:
• Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
• Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan if you're on Original Medicare.
• Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another if you're on Original Medicare.
2021 Standard Plan Changes
|2021 Standard Benefit Changes|
|Initial Coverage Limit||$3,820||$4,020||$4,130|
|Catastrophic Coverage Begins||$7,654||$9,039||$9,314|
|Part D Coverage Gap |